Hello Brain Dumpers,
A memory of a phone call keeps recurring in my head. Three of my friends called me together about 3 years ago when I was in class. The phone call was out of the blue and it was about nothing. They each just said hi and it was really awkward. One of my friends asked me what I was doing with my life at the time. “I’m in college,” I said. “Well, that’s power right there,” he responded facetiously. I guess they called me to be dicks. I saw them once after that call, and now I don’t talk to them anymore besides on Facebook.
I think the call bothers me because it seemed pointless and awkward. Reading between the lines through the lens of my paranoia, I see that they called just to tell me that they don’t think of me highly anymore. I’m trying not to think that. And I’m trying not to care.
Here are some of the things I think about when I need to put on my ego armor:
- I’m getting much better at the drums
- I got money in the bank byatch
- I’m strict with my schedule
- I’m strict with diet and exercise
- I lost 10 pounds last month
- I read on a consistent basis
- I have a college degree and a professional certificate
- Master’s degree in progress