Howdy doody, Brain Dumpers,
I’m going to break down the success I’m having with my habits. I really haven’t been reading that much and it’s bad. I’ve probably read only like 50 pages in the past week. . . I’m supposed to read 30 minutes a day which means about 15 pages per day which means
105 pages per week. I’m less than half for the week. I want to say that I’ve had no time because I’ve been studying but that’s not true. I have time. I just waste time instead just looking at random videos. So, that’s bad. . .
I also have not been writing blog posts consistently and that’s been going on for like 2 months now. I really need to blog because it’s my chance to reflect on my progress with my life and my habits. So, I need to do that. The Internet pretty much gets in the way. I mean I LET it get in the way. I have to stop. I downloaded an app that will stop me from using certain sites for a designated period of time. It works wonders when I use it, I just dread using it so much I can’t get myself to turn it on. I guess that’s something I need to get used to. Even if I DO turn the app on, I always have my phone to distract me. . . Maybe I should just get a flip phone? But probably not, because then I can’t upload pictures of food. Something I have a good track record of doing for the past 2 years. I really can’t stop. . . it’s too much of my online presence to give up. . . Plus I want to be held accountable for the things that I eat. That was the whole of starting it. I should really be aware of the image that I’m putting out. I should only try to eat healthy food. Really. Except for 24 hours on the weekend. But yeah. . . Not doing all that well with my habits. I should really be drinking less caffeine too. But that doesn’t bother me that much
If I were to list the things that weren’t going right they would be
- not studying consistently
- not drumming at a consistent time
- spending too much time surfing the internet, which is a big one
- staying up too late
- not reading enough
- not going to the gym consistently
I have these reflective moments but it’s hard to do something about it. I guess it’s not actually if I were to think of way to work on these things they would be
- not studying consistently: schedule out a time and place to study. give myself 1 dollar for every 45 minutes of studying
- not drumming at a consistent time: schedule out a time and a place to drum. make sure that I stick to my study schedule so that I don’t need to study in place of my drumming time
- for spending too much time on the internet: turn on the self- control app and turn on the Offtime app after I get out of the gym at night
- staying up too late: this is solved when I stop spending time on the Internet
- Not reading enough. This is solved when I stop spending time on the internet when I need to read
- Not going to the gym consistently: schedule a time and place to go to the gym. make sure I stick to my study schedule so that I don’t need to study during my gym time.
So that’s what I need to do. . . it’s good talking about this stuff because it helps me think about what I need to do.
I just turned on the Self-Control all for 23 hours and 45 minutes. WordPress isn’t blocked so I can still make posts.
I’ll turn on the Offtime app too.